If my wife had a daughter

It's Mother's Day. I chose not to have children, and I believe both my wives agreed over the years. Neither of them complained, but since my second wife never complained about anyone within their earshot, I'm certain I don't know a thing about what goes on in her brain.

Here's something I do know. If my ex had had a daughter, she would have mirrored her own mother's parenting.  On steroids as they say. 

Like Pam, my ex-wife would have:

• complained about her daughter to everyone
• talked over her daughter
• assumed she was smarter and more attractive than her daughter
• been absolutely certain that her daughter is way better than your boring daughter, and, when she couldn't crush her daughter's talents,
•competed with her daughter until she her daughter abandoned her talent and began a lifetime in therapy.

And, then, the final epigenetic damage:  my wife would say this to her daughter:  "Honey, you really shouldn't wear horizontal stripes."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my friend, the mediocre hedge fund manager

The U.S. and Syria join hands in welcoming greenhouse emissions

New York City introduces three new ways to make the City unliveable