Gag reflex

I'm in the process of selling my two beloved homes.  It's tough.  I'm irritable, anxious, fearful, and depressed.

 

I used to have a wife.  We're divorced.  But we own all this stuff together.

 

She hasn't offered a word of love or support in over a decade, but now we need to work together so I can liquidate and pay her the $5.3 million she's due.  This is her equitable distribution share of the assets I built during our marriage.  She lost money over the 28 years together, and increasingly see how cheap she was at contributing anything else of value.  She was just needy for attention, from the most available source.

 

Despite her long history of ghosting and gaslighting and backstabbing (I think I'm her prime target but you can never be sure), she's always perky on public correspondence, and signs her emails, I now see, "warmly."

 

I assure you there's not a warm bone in that body or brain or psyche.

 

Every time her email pops in in response to some transaction need, I get a barf taste in my mouth.  I consider running to the bathroom and throwing up. 

 

Warmly, David.  (puke is generally warm)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my friend, the mediocre hedge fund manager

The U.S. and Syria join hands in welcoming greenhouse emissions

New York City introduces three new ways to make the City unliveable