Remembering what pride felt like

 I got reintroduced to a little pride this week.  I ran a conference for my professional association and it was really good.  And I know everyone loved it.  I really enjoyed it too...lots of great speakers, hours of time with lifetime friends, the chance to moderate discussions with experts on a bunch of complex topics, and more.

Welcome back.  I've missed you.

I haven't seen you since I was injured by the end of my marriage.  There wasn't much room left once the Inner Critic asked for the microphone.  Certainly not much room at all for Pride, which, I suppose, is not frequently seen in the same rose garden.

I can feel Pride in my body.  It's a different somatic experience than I've felt in a long time too.  

I think Pride has a pretty clear message--"I want you to feel better about yourself."

It also wants me to know that I can accomplish great things, even if I'm not 100%.  "It will take more work than it ever has, but you will be surprised by how good the results are."

That's exciting!  Exciting?  Wait...another reintroduction.  Welcome back and please sit down and stay awhile.  Pride just got back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my friend, the mediocre hedge fund manager

The U.S. and Syria join hands in welcoming greenhouse emissions

New York City introduces three new ways to make the City unliveable