My favorite New York City restaurants of the moment

I've lived in NYC since 1982 and I eat out a minimum of three nights a week.   Cost is not a factor, but finding places where I feel comfortable, healthy, and joyful about taste is.

My "top New York City restaurant" leanings are toward organic, local, and the presence of strong vegetarian options.  And I don't follow "what's hot this week" listings.   If I hear about a new place, I'll make a reservation six months or more in the future, rather than trying to deal with hip crowds who often don't seem to notice the food.

So, here's my current go-to list of the best restaurants in New York City, updated to be current for today.

  • County--E 20th
  • Il Buco--47 Bond St (Stay with the original. I don't like the Alimentari as much)
  • Eos--39th and 9th (that's not a mistake)
  • Avant Garden--E 7th St
  • Cook Shop--20th and 10th
  • Sfoglia--92nd and Lex
  • Taboon--52nd and 10th
  • Del Posto (vegan or veggie tasting menu is unparalleled)
  • Dirt Candy
  • Vinateria--2211 Frederick Douglass Blvd, Harlem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet my friend, the mediocre hedge fund manager

The U.S. and Syria join hands in welcoming greenhouse emissions

New York City introduces three new ways to make the City unliveable